I love Italy. I love writing. So, I write on an Italian island ... and now I run a writing retreat there too. Whether you're new to writing, looking for inspiration, or just want to get away from it all, a week on Isola Maggiore is just idyllic.
Virtually untouched since medieval times, this tranquil island has no cars, just one small hamlet with 16 residents. It wakes to the sound of wild pheasants and sleeps as the sun sets on the lake.
"The perfect place to write ... the calmest place I have ever been." - poet Anne Caldwell, 2017
Sept 9-16, 2017
The price of £675 includes:
- Seven nights’ half board at the island’s small hotel, Da Sauro
- Double en suite room with single occupancy
- Four morning workshops, with writing materials provided
- Glass of wine with dinner and coffee & pastries during writing workshops
- Two one-to-one feedback sessions
- Entry to the island's Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo, the Lace Museum and the Museo di Populo
- An 'aperitivo time' session in conversational Italian
All activities are optional (but at no extra cost), leaving you free to do as much or as little as you like. There are also bikes available for hire, at €8 per half day.
Places go quickly, so early booking is strongly advised.
For those living in or near Umbria, there are a limited number of non residential places available, including lunch. For further details or to book your place, please contact me.